Open House for Georgetown University Hospital volunteers
- Organization: Georgetown University Hospital
- Causes: Health
- Date(s): October 2, 2010 November 13, 2010 December 11, 2010
- Contact person: Kristen Carpenter, director, Volunteer Services
- Phone: 202-444-6018
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.georgetownuniversityhospital.org/body.cfm?id=1067
Volunteers at Georgetown University Hospital make a serious commitment of their time and energy to the hospital.
- are over 15 years old.
- commit to four hours a week for six consecutive months.
- submit application and letters of recommendation.
- complete an onsite interview.
- attend the Volunteer Orientation.
- complete health clearance, drug screening and background check.
Volunteers must submit an application, either by fax at 202-444-0500), or mail, Georgetown University Hospital, Room MG414, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20007. Applications can also be delivered at open houses.
The health clearance includes a copy of the applicant's immunization reports and results of the first tuberculosis test. Applicants over the age of 18 will need to complete two TB tests.
Clearances can take two to four weeks. Before the first volunteering shift, the individual must pick up their Volunteer Uniform Jacket from the Volunteer Services Office and their GUH ID Badge from the office of Protective Services.
At the open house, prospective volunteers can turn in their applications, ask questions and schedule their interview. The Open House's usually run for a specific two-hour increment and individuals can walk-in with in that time frame.
Open Houses are held in the Martin Marietta Conference Room, on the first floor of the Lombardi Cancer Center from noon-2 p.m.