Full G2 Service Returns Dec. 30
Route's terminus was changed from 37th and O Streets to Dumbarton Street and Wisconsin Avenue NW during the O and P Street Project.
The G2 bus will once again offer service to 37th and O Streets, NW starting Dec. 30.
The resotration of the full route comes 10 months after it was first altered last February because of construction on the O and P Street project.
Construction wrapped up in September, but bus service could not be restored until December because of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) staffing and scheduling timelines.
"If we try to squeeze additional buses in now, we run the risk of not having extra board operators or available buses to run the added runs and blocks every day. Printed schedules, maps will be incorrect. Next Bus, destination signs and next stop announcements won’t function because the data set reflects the truncated route, not the extended one that will be prepared for December," Ann E. Chisholm, government relations officer for WMATA, wrote in an email to Gregory Matlesky, constituent services liaison for Chairman Phil Mendelson.
The following stops will be restored when the full G2 route returns:
- Westbound - P St NW at 33rd St NW, Nearside
- Westbound - P St NW at 34th St NW, Nearside
- Westbound - P St NW at 35th St NW, Nearside
- Southbound - 37th St NW at O St NW, Midblock
- Eastbound - Prospect St NW at 35th St NW, Nearside
- Northbound - 35th St NW at N St NW, Nearside
- Eastbound - O St NW at 34th St NW, Nearside
- Eastbound - O St NW at 33rd St NW Nearside