Get Out: A Christmas Carol, Enchanted Forest, Book Sale and More
The weekend is here! How are you going to spend it?
- When/Where: Shows run Fridays through Sundays and Tuesdays and Wednesdays, both evening and matinee showings, Nov. 16 through Dec. 30 at Ford's Theater, 511 10th St. NW, Washington.
- Why Go: Get in the holiday spirit early by rooting for Tiny Tim and taking heed to the lessons of this Charles Dickens classic.
- Cost: $40 to $100 depending on availability and date.
- When/Where: 6 p.m. Saturday at Long Branch Nature Center, 625 S. Carlin Springs Road, Arlington
- Why Go: The nature center's campfire program this weekend includes a short hike through the wood to look for signs of white-tailed deer. Registration required; children must be accompanied by a registered adult. To register, call 703-228-4747. Click here for more information.
- Cost: $5
- When/Where: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Georgetown Neighborhood Library, 3260 R St. NW, Washington
- Why Go: Stock up on early holiday gifts from childrens books to political books to DVDs.
- Cost: Free to attend
- When/Where: 4 p.m. Saturday at St. Alban's Church, 3001 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington
- Why Go: Singing A—Z offers a tribute concert to its late founder Betty Buchanan, a musicologist, choral director and founder of the Capitol Hill Choral Society.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (7 to 11:30 p.m. Sugar Cookie Soirée); 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday at the Westin Tysons Corner, 7801 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church
- Why Go: Decorated holiday-themed trees and gingerbread homes are among the holiday treats available at the Westin Tysons Corner this weekend. Click here to read more.
- Cost: $12 to $35. Call 703-442-4163 for more information.