Get Out: Patch's Pick-and-Choose Weekend Planner
Need help making weekend plans? Look no further.
It’s Thursday. The weekend is so close you can almost taste it. Downside? You’ve got no idea what to do during your two days of freedom.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We've picked out some of the best events around D.C. and Arlington for your done-work-outta-here time. Is it 5 p.m. on Friday yet?
- Where/When: Rosslyn Gateway, 1911 Fort Myer Dr., Arlington. Friday, 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Did you miss "Groundhog Day" last week? Don't fret! "Coneheads" will be featured this week - another film headlined by "SNL" alumni. The film will be shown rain or shine. Don't forget to bring blankets and snacks for your viewing pleasure!
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: Bourbon, 2348 Wisconsin Ave., NW, Washington. Saturday, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Why Go: What's the Kentucky Derby without a mint julep? Bourbon in Glover Park (there's an additional location in Adams Morgan, too) will be celebrating the Run for the Roses by dishing up homemade mint juleps and traditional Kentucky fare.
- Pricing: Menu prices vary.
- Where/When: Artisphere, 1101 Wilson Blvd., Arlington. Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
- Why Go: According to the event listing, the National Chamber Ensemble will be performing an "exciting, sensual evening of Tango music and dance with critically acclaimed pianist José Cáceres and the Tango ambassadors Pontitango." Think of it as a one-night trip to Buenos Aires - no passport needed.
- Pricing: Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for seniors and military and $15 for students.
- Where/When: Christ Church Georgetown, 3116 O St., NW, Washington, D.C. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: This annual event will feature 9 of Georgetown's most spectacular gardens at the height of their springtime glory. The ticket price also includes afternoon tea from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Keith Hall.
- Pricing: Tickets are $35.
- Where/When: Tudor Place, 1644 31st St., NW, Washington, D.C. Sunday, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Treat your mom to Sunday tea at Tudor Place on Mother's Day. According to the event listing, the tea will be set in an early American style and will feature "period teas, finger sandwiches and delicious desserts in a beautiful historic home."
- Pricing: Tickets are $20.