GU Learning Community Registration Open
Program offers short non-credit courses at Georgetown University for persons "55 or better."
Georgetown University's Learning Community, which offers non-credit classes to community members ages 55 and older each semester, is now open for spring registration.
Online registration is available for the six classes this semester, which begins Feb. 14 and runs through April 25. Each class has its own schedule and may not run the full semester.
Classes are $30 each of $50 for two or more classes.
- Jewish Mysticism: A Historical Perspective, Thursdays: Feb. 14, 21, 28. The Murray Room: 10:45 a.m. to noon.
- William Trevor, Ireland's Internationally Renowned Writer, Thursdays: March 14, 21, 28. The Murray Room: 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Remembering Hiroshima: Was It Just?, Thursdays: March 14, 21, 28. The Murray Room: 3:15 to 4:45 p.m.
- Introduction to Arabic Language & Culture, Tuesdays: March 19, 26. Room TBD: 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- The Euro Crisis Revisited, Tuesdays: April 2, 9, 16. The Murray Room: 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Theology and Astrobiology, Thursday: April 25. The Murray Room: 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.