Hurricane Sandy Recovery Site at Guy Mason Monday
Guy Mason Recreation Center is one of five recovery sites throughout Washington, D.C.
Updated 9:40 a.m. Oct. 29
The Ward 5 emergency shelter location has been moved to North Michigan Park Recreation Center | 1333 Emerson St., NE | (202) 541-3526 | (Ward 5). Turkey Thicket Recreation Center will NOT be an emergency shelter location.
The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will operate five recovery sites in neighborhoods spread throughout the District Monday. Starting at 10 a.m. residents in need of shelter, power and other necessities will be able to seek assistance from the District goverment at these locations.
The Shelter Recovery Sites are:
- Guy Mason Recreation Center | 3600 Calvert St., NW | (202) 727-7736 | (Ward 3)
- Emery Recreation Center | 5801 Georgia Ave., NW | (202) 576-3211 | (Ward 4)
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center | 1100 Michigan Ave., NE | (202) 576-9238 | (Ward 5)
- Deanwood Recreation Center | 1350 49th St., NE | (202) 671-3077 | (Ward 7)
- Bald Eagle Recreation Center | 100 Joliet St., SW | (202) 671-5123 | (Ward 8)
All DPR recreation centers, aquatic facilities, parks, fields, and playgrounds will be closed Monday and all regularly scheduled programs and activities are temporarily suspended, according to a press release.