The English are not the only ones welcoming a new addition to the royal family, Georgetowners are getting in on the wedding celebration too, state side.
Events are taking place in and around Georgetown commemorating the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
To catch glimpses of the Royal Wedding other than on television, here are a few spots that are celebrating the Royal Wedding in style:
- Georgetown University Hospital’s Capital Breast Care Center (CBCC) hosts “Prelude to a Royal Wedding” Thursday, April 28 at 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Peacock Café. Guests will have the chance to eat tasty treats and pose for photos with 2-D versions of the royal couple. All of the proceeds raised will be donated to the CBCC.
- Attend The Ritz Carlton’s “A Royal Wedding Viewing Party” Apr. 29 from 5 a.m. until noon. For $40 per person watch the “Wedding of the Century” on 60-inch flat screen TVs in the hotel’s Lobby Café, while munching on a breakfast buffet filled with British specialties. Prizes will be awarded to the most appropriately dressed, and all guests will receive a special souvenir courtesy of Tiny Jewel Box. There is also an overnight package deal. Reservations are required.
- Georgetown Cupcake is even getting into the spirit. This week order your very own royal wedding themed cupcakes. Get them by the royal dozen. Some have the TLC royal wedding logo on them, but the cupcakes available in the shop will have fondant in the shape of Kate’s engagement ring, flowers, and the couple’s initials.
Brides-to-be are at an advantage this week. Many bridal boutiques are showcasing their best products in lieu of the Royal Wedding.
- Hitched hosts an English garden cocktail party April 28 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. to kick of the Royal Wedding weekend. Have refreshments, hear Martha Stewart Weddings expert, Shira Savada offer advice, and view collections from top D.C. vendors.
- Carine’s Bridal Atelier’s is having a Monique Lhuillier Trunk Show April 28 and April 30. To get a sneak peak at the designer check out the website. The event is by appointment only.
- Filene’s Basement announced that the famous “Running of the Brides” takes place in conjunction with the Royal Wedding. The event takes place at the Mazza Gallerie location in D.C. on Friday, April 29 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Brides get to choose from over 1,700 brand name and designer gowns priced between $249 and $699. There is also a chance for a lucky few to win a free wedding dress.
Though the English and the French have an assorted history, plenty of shops will be celebrating this weekend at the French Market.
- Catch the royal wedding at Puro Café. They will show the wedding and serve tea and English treats throughout the day. Following the royal wedding, guests can stop by Patisserie Poupon to get freshly baked scones and English tea.
- Taking the festivities of the day even further, Urban Chic and ILo Salon plan to help shoppers by providing exclusive styling tips and selling helpful products that help customers obtain Kate's wedding look .
Make your plans now to celebrate the Royal Wedding!