Weekend Street Closures for 10k and Pride Parade
The Lawyers Have a Heart 10k will travel through Georgetown; the Pride Parade runs through Dupont and Logan Circles
Whether you are staying close to home this weekend or venturing out into the city, there are several road closures that may impact your routes.
The Lawyers Have a Heart 10K Race is scheduled for Saturday morning. Street closures will begin at 5:30 a.m. according to a Metropolitan Police Department traffic advisory. Roads should be re-opened by 11 a.m. No vehicles will be permitted on the race route.
Street closings beginning at approximately 5:30 am:
- Canal Road, NW from Reservoir Road to Foxhall Road
- K Street from Wisconsin Avenue to 27th Street, NW
- Whitehurst Freeway from K Street to Canal Road, NW
The race will proceed along the following route:
- Race starts under the Whitehurst freeway at 31st & K Streets, NW
- Proceeds east on K Street, NW to 27th Street, NW
- U-turn and continue west on the Whitehurst Freeway
- Merge west on Canal Road, NW
- Continue on Canal Road to reservoir Road, NW
- U-turn and continue east on Canal Road, NW
- Merge east onto the Whitehurst Freeway
- U-turn and continue west on K Street, NW
- West on K Street to the start/finish line
The Capital Pride Parade will run through the Dupont Circle and Logan Circle neighborhoods Saturday beginning at 4:30 p.m. The parade is scheduled to end at 8:30 p.m. though road closures will be in effect until 9:30 p.m.
The staging areas for the parade are close to Georgetown's East Village neighborhood, just over the bridges the span Rock Creek at M Street and P Street. Streets in the staging area will be closed beginning at 1 p.m.
- 25th St NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 24th St NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 23rd St NW between M & P ( Staging Area)
- N St NW between 22nd & 25th
- M St NW between 22nd & 25th
- East on P St from 23rd St NW
- Clockwise around Dupont Circle
- North on New Hampshire Ave
- East on R St
- South on 17th St
- East on P St
- South on 14th to N Street NW to the disbanding area