Federal and local government agencies will be closed Monday for Presidents' Day.
Closures will impact government facilities and resources, including:
Government Agency Closures
- The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs will be closed.
- DC Public Libraries will be closed.
- All Department of Motor Vehicles locations will be closed.
- All Department of Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed
- DC Public Schools and offices will be closed.
- Trash Collection: The Department of Public Works will make Tuesday and Friday trash collections on Wednesday and Saturday for Georgetown residents. Recyclables and yard waste will be collected on Saturday. For Burleith and Glover Park residents, who usually have their trash collected once a week on Thursdays, collection will happen Friday instead.
- Parking Enforcement: Parking enforcement, including ticket writing for residential parking, expired meters, street sweeping and rush-hour violations, will be suspended. DPW will enforce parking restrictions at bus stops near Metro stations where WMATA is performing track work. DPW also will suspend towing abandoned vehiclesEnforcement resumes Tuesday.