Whether you are looking for the perfect Christmas tree or want some boughs of holly to deck those halls, there are several local options to add some green to your home this year.
- Georgetown Visitation (1524 35th St. NW) will hold its annual tree sale from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 1 and Dec. 2, and Dec. 8 and Dec. 9. The will have Frasier Firs and holiday wreaths for purchase, proceeds benefit the Crew team.
- St. John's Episcopal Church (3240 O St. NW) is hosting its 58th annual holiday greens sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 8. The green sale includes, "one-of-a-kind homemade wreaths, sprays, Christmas decorations, delicious baked goods, vintage collectibles, and a hearty lunch," according to the event notice
- Whole Foods (2323 Wisconsin Ave. NW) has Christmas trees and other holiday greens for sale. The store is open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
- You could also have the tree come to you. Colin Wathen, an enterprising local high school student, has started his own Christmas tree delivery business. He is taking orders for deliveries of Fraser Firs scheduled for Dec. 2 and Dec. 9 (he can only deliver on weekends because he is in high school and has exams!). Wathen cuts down the trees from Pleasant Valley Tree Farm in Garret County. The prices range depending on size, a 5-to-6-foot tree is $40, a 6-to-8 foot tree is $75 and an 8-to-10-foot tree is $100. For an extra $25 he will set it up and put on your lights. You can call (202-236-9558) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order, by leaving an address, a call back number, a specified height and services and delivery date.
- For those of you who prefer your trees of the plastic variety, the Ace Hardware store in Glover Park (2251 Wisconsin Ave. NW) carries artificial trees.
Where do you get your Christmas tree and holiday greens? If we missed your favorite place, tell us in the comments!
Love the holiday season? Keep up with the Georgetown Patch holiday guide here.