Invite a friend
Kauffman Foundation's 2013 State of Entrepreneurship Address
Amidst a national consensus that encouraging entrepreneurship is part of the answer to America's sluggish economic recovery, tremendous fervor and innovation in entrepreneurial finance has emerged, particularly at the early stage of business creation. Despite this, new and young companies continue to face significant hurdles in acquiring capital.
To address the challenges and opportunities in financing entrepreneurial growth, the Kauffman Foundation, in partnership with Bloomberg Television, is convening the fourth annual State of Entrepreneurship Address to explore the role of capital in jumpstarting America's entrepreneurial engine. The event will include an address by Tom McDonnell, Kauffman Foundation president and CEO, as well as remarks from the Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration,Karen Mills. Lunch and a panel of experts will discuss challenges and opportunities in entrepreneurial finance will follow.
• Chance Barnett, co-founder and CEO, crowdfunder
• Jeff Fagnan, partner, Atlas Venture
• Donna Harris, managing director of Startup Regions, Startup America
• Ramana Nanda , associate professor of Business Administration,
Harvard Business School
• Alan Patricof, founder and managing director, Greycroft Partners
• Moderated by Robert Litan, director of research, Bloomberg.gov
Panelists will be available for interviews after the program concludes.
Seating is limited, so please register by January 28, 2013 at