Girl Scout Cookies are now available in Georgetown. Cookie sales began Friday and will continue through March 24.
From 9:30am to 2 p.m. Sunday you can stop by Saxbys Coffee, 1332 35th St. NW, to get your "fix," as a note on the Georgetown list serv joked.
According to the list serv note, the local troop at Saxbys will have a selection of cookies including:
- Thin Mints (thin chocolate-peppermint cookie coated in chocolate)
- Samoas - Caramel deLites (vanilla cookies covered with caramel, coconut and chocolate)
- Tagalongs - Peanut Butter Patties (cookie with soft Peanut Butter, coated with chocolate)
- Trefoils - a.k.a. Shortbread - (a shortbread cookie)
- Savannah Smiles (crisp, zesty lemon cookies - new in 2012)
- Do-Si-Dos - Peanut Butter Sandwiches - (peanut butter cookie with peanut butter filling)
- Dulce de Leche - (made with milk caramel chips)
- Thank U Berry Munch (cranberries and white fudge chips)
If you cannot make it to Saxbys this weekend, you can enter your ZIP code into the Girl Scouts’ Cookie Locator application (or click here if it's not appearing correctly for you above) to find local sales. You may also download the Girl Scout cookies locator mobile app.
[Editor's Note: The locator does not show all booth sales. It shows all Girl Scout Council sponsored booths, but not so called "private" booths like the one at Saxbys Coffee.]
Cookies run $4 a box this year. Last year more than 4.5 million boxes of Girl Scout Cookies were sold in the Greater Washington Region.
Read more on Girl Scout Cookies:
- Girl Scout Cookie Booth Sales Start Friday in DC
- Why Do Girl Scouts Sell Cookies?