Halloween in Georgetown means kiddie costume parades, specialty themed food and drinks and revelery on M Street.
- Tot Lot Eco Halloween: 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28 at 35th and S Streets NW. The event will be an eco-spooky affair with delicious treats from neighborhood merchants and some homemade goodies to boot.
- Glover Park Halloween Parade: 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28, starting at the steps of Stoddert Elementary (4001 Calvert St., NW). The parade will follow a rout along 39th Place, making a left on Huidekoper, then a left on Beecher, a right on 39th Street and will end back at the Stoddert stairs where refreshments will be served.
- MPD Event: 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 3320 Idaho Ave. NW. "The Second District Police Station is having a Halloween kiddie bash... There will be food, goody bags, and a magician," according to the event email.
Entertainment and Dining
- Georgetown Theater Company: 8 p.m. Oct. 27 at 1041 Wisconsin Ave. NW. According to the event notice, actors will "communicate with the spirits and read a witches’ brew of poems and short stories by Edgar Allan Poe, including The Cask of Amontillado, The Raven, Annabel Lee and others." After the show join the cast for an "Horrors d’oeuvre Reception." Donation of $10 suggested.
- Thunder Burger & Bar: Arrive any time, but costume judging starts at 10 p.m. Oct. 31 at 3056 M St. NW. A $50 Thunder Burger & Bar gift certificate will be given for one Best Male Costume and one Best Female Costume.
- L2 Lounge: 9 p.m. Oct. 27 in Cady's Alley. The club will host an Angels and Demons party. Open doors until 11 p.m.
- Wake the Dead Party at Bandolero: 10 p.m. Nov. 2 at 3241 M St. NW. According to a press release, "Bandolero's Day of the Dead Celebration will feature a DJ on the first floor and a popular-vote costume contest from 10pm until midnight. Prizes include lunch and dinner at Bandolero."
- Smith Point: 8 p.m. Oct. 27 through 3 a.m. Oct 28 at 1338 Wisconsin Ave. The event features a DJ, drinks and Halloween costume contest. Tickets are still available for the cash bar entry.