The Bank of Georgetown recently celebrated the grand opening of its new headquarters and adjoining branch, with a ribbon-cutting and cocktail party at 1115 30th St., NW (just south of M Street).
Bank of Georgetown’s 11th banking location in the Washington metro area is its second in the neighborhood, providing a more accessible banking location for upper Georgetown businesses and residents.
It is named “The Winsor Branch” in honor of its co-founder and late chairman, Curtin Winsor III.
Georgetown business leaders and community representatives joined bank officials in the festivities. Mike Fitzgerald, founder, chairman, president and CEO, welcomed everyone to the new space and reflected on the bank’s growth in customers and assets (assets in excess of $925 million).
He attributes that to "organic growth, conservative lending strategies, a pristine credit portfolio and a commitment to recruiting and retaining experienced bankers with a track record of success."
He then dedicated a plaque in the lobby to his late co-founder, speaking about the vision that he and Winsor shared for building the finest community bank in Greater Washington.
In honor of its new home, Bank of Georgetown will make a $1,000 donation to Georgetown Ministry Center, in support of their work to help the homeless.
Fitzgerald and Debbie Winsor cut the ceremonial ribbon together, assisted by:
- Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Engagement, Ward 2 Liaison Freddie Bulger
- Dept. of Insurance, Securities & Banking, Interim Commissioner Chester McPherson
- Georgetown Business Improvement District President Joe Sternlieb
- Georgetown Business Association President Riyad Said
- Citizens Association of Georgetown President Pam Moore
- CORE Principal Guy Martin
- Others in attendance:
- Ambassador and Mrs. Curtin Winsor, Jr.
- Billy Martin ( Billy Martin’s Tavern)
- Cecilia Browning (House of Sweden)
- Gunther Stern (Georgetown Ministry Center)
- Perry W. Woofter (Attorney)
- Margaret Shannon , Richard Leverrier and Jonathan Taylor (TTR Sotheby’s)
- Ed and Hope Solomon (Anthony’s Tuxedo’s/Wedding Creations)
- Angelo Zambrano (Scavolini Store)
- Ray Kukulski (past president, Citizens Association of Georgetown)
Bank of Georgetown was founded in 2005 by Mike Fitzgerald and the late Curtin Winsor III, as a community bank focused on providing loan, deposit and cash management solutions for metro-area businesses while emphasizing customer needs and providing dependable and timely decision-making with a commitment to accessibility, flexibility and responsiveness.
In January, after 10 years and multiple expansions at its original location on 31st Street, nearly 50 employees moved into the 17,400 square-foot facility on 30th Street, which features multiple conference rooms, a board room and more space for day-to-day lending and deposit operations.