Georgetown draws in shoppers with its festive decorations, bedecked storefronts and its big name and standard chain retailers like or . But, the neighborhood is also home to small businesses—73 percent of businesses in the neighborhood's are actually small businesses, according to the Georgetown Business Improvement District. Next year there might even be a to draw in even more shoppers.
The Obama administration is showing its support for small businesses Saturday: various Cabinet secretaries and Administration officials will visit and shop at small businesses throughout the country on Saturday, according to a press release.
"Small businesses are the engines of job creation and essential to strengthening our national economy" according to a press release from the president.
So whether you are waiting in line for a new cashmere sweater from or looking for a unique gift for a mom with exacting taste at , Georgetowners won't have to go far to do their holiday shopping.
Thanks to the Georgetown BID for compiling a great list of participating stores with promotions for holiday shopping:
- JANUS et Cie (3304 M Street NW) for the first time ever, will be hosting a Black Friday sale to ease your holiday shopping woes. Select floor samples pieces from 30-65% off, with an additional 30% off all accessories and 15-80% off all toss pillows.
- (1641 Wisconsin Avenue) is offering 30% off the entire store from 9 to 10 a.m. on Black Friday. From 10 to 11 a.m., the savings is 25%, and then 20% off until close.
- (1514 Wisconsin Avenue, NW) invites customers to "Shop Small and Get $25 Back," by using your American Express card, and supporting participating local businesses on Small Business Saturday, November 26th. For more information, go to www.facebook.com/shopsmall.
- (3101 M St NW) will pay your sales tax on all regular price products purchased Thanksgiving weekend.
- (3109 M Street NW) will celebrate Black Friday with the Georgetown launch of Altruette, including the opportunity to meet the founders while you shop (11am to 3pm).
- True Religion(3225 M Street, NW) invites shoppers to come in for the perfect gift this Holiday Season. Be one of the first customers to visit True Religion on Black Friday to receive a gift of your choice with any purchase.
- (1246 Wisconsin Ave NW) the premium lifestyle, accessories and travel brand - will start their seasonal sale on Black Friday (running until December 31) offering 25-40% off select styles.
- CB2 (3307 M Street) is hosting a "can do food drive" now through November 28. Donate seven non perishable food items and get 15% off your purchase.
- Karen Millen (1259 Wisconsin Avenue) is offering 30% off your entire purchase from November 25 to November 28.
- (3066 M Street) is premiering 15 new year-round products on Black Friday. The products will officially launch on that day and include No Drought dry shampoo, Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, Latte lip tint, Peace and Friends with Benefits massage bars, and a bunch of new bath goodies.
- - Georgetown (3306 M Street) will be starting their twice-yearly Herman Miller sale on Black Friday. The sale offers a 15% discount off all Herman Miller pieces, including the coveted Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman.
- Lou Lou (1304 Wisconsin Avenue) will be offering a free gift with purchase on Black Friday. They will open at 10am and be open until 8pm.
- Alchimie Forever (1010 Wisconsin Avenue) will be offering 30% off any purchase on the website and in the showroom from November 23-29th. The code for online is FF2011.
- (1675 Wisconsin Ave NW) will be offering a 20% discount on all paintings in their featured exhibition "In Line / Out of Line" on Black Friday.
- (3222 M Street) is helping you deck the halls, offering 20% off anything and everything "holiday" themed during the weekend of Nov 25th- 27th.
- AllSaints (3235 M Street) is offering 25% select merchandise all weekend long. www.us.allsaints.com
- (3279 M Street) will take 30% off everything in the store Friday through Sunday. They will be open for extended hours on Friday from 10am to 9pm.
- (1625 Wisconsin Ave) gives shoppers 10% off coats, sweaters, and beds. Additionally, they'll have treats and toys for 20% off.
- (2906 M Street) is offering 30-50% off their fall merchandise. husonline.com
- City Sports (3338 M St NW) has $10 off Under Armour cold-weather gear and $20 off ski pants all weekend long. www.citysports.com
- (3110 M St NW) will give shoppers a complimentary whipped body butter with any $85 purchase from 10 a.m. to noon. www.kiehls.com
- (1633 Wisconsin Ave NW) is taking 20% off gift cards all day Friday. Plus, get a free polish change when you buy a gift card. www.nectarskinbar.com
- (1631 Wisconsin Avenue) is offering 40% off everything in the store from 9-10am, 30% off 10am to noon, and 20% off from noon to 6pm. All day Saturday, everything will be 20% off. Not valid on sale items and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- M29 Lifestyle (2800 Pennsylvania Avenue) will be serving cider & cookies, as well as up to 70% off select apparel, accessories, and home decor.
- (1647 Wisconsin Ave) will have 25% off clothing from 10am to noon and 15% off from noon to 6pm.
- (3222 M Street) is offering 40% off everything in the store from 10 to 11am, and 30% off for the remainder of the day.
- (1626 Wisconsin Avenue) is offering 30% off full-price clothing and denim from 9- 10am, 25% off from 10-11am, and 20 percent off from 11am to close. All sale items are an extra 35% off all day.
- TARI (1525 Wisconsin Ave) will host their annual Black Tie Friday Event from Monday 11/21 to Sunday 11/27! Visit and enjoy their buy one, get one 50% off discount all week! (Second item of equal or lesser value.) Get an extra 10% your entire purchase if you receive their newsletters or follow them on Facebook and Twitter. www.taridc.com
- Book Hill Bistro (1639 Wisconsin Avenue) invites you to "Black Weekend" featuring brunch from 10am to 3pm Friday-Sunday. They will also be open until 10pm all weekend. 202.338.0001
- (1068 31st St) is giving shoppers a free glass of wine on Black Friday. Just show your receipt from a Georgetown store and enjoy a complimentary glass of wine with any entree.