Farmers Fishers Bakers, the latest concept from the North Dakota Farmers Union and The Farm, will open at the Georgetown waterfront in November, according to a news release. The same restaurant group opened Founding Farmers in Foggy Bottom in 2008.
“We are so pleased to be opening a completely new restaurant at The Washington Harbour in Georgetown,” said Dan Simons, Partner/Concept Developer, Founding Farmers/Farmers Fishers Bakers restaurants, and Principal of Vucurevich Simons Advisory Group, in a prepared statement.
Farmers and Fishers was damaged in the April 2011 flood at the waterfront.
The new concept expands on the menu offerings and boasts a uniquely designed 9,800-square-foot waterfront restaurant.
"The work that GrizForm has done is incredible - down to the smallest detail. It is a really fun space for guests to explore," said Simons.
According to the news release menu "highlights" range from thick and thin crust pizzas to crusty bread sandwiches to specialty sushi charcuterie-style platters.
Culinary talent behind the menus include, according to the news release,:
- Sushi Chef Thomas Park "who worked under 2011 James Beard award winning Chef TysonCole at Uchi in Austin, Texas"
- "Award-winning Chief Mixologist & Beverage Director" Jon Arroyo
- Corporate Executive Chef Joe Goetze and
- Executive Chef Lisa Marie Frantz"
- Pastry Chef Carrie Jenkins