Meat Week is an eight-day celebration of the DC's areas best and newest barbecue restaurants. This year's even begins Sunday and runs through Feb. 3.
"The focus of Meat Week is barbecue – meats cooked 'low and slow' and bathed in wood smoke throughout the cooking process. DC Meat Week celebrates all regional ‘cue traditions, from dry-rubbed Texas brisket to vinegar-mopped Carolina pulled pork to sweet and spicy sauced ribs from Kansas City and Memphis," according to a press release.
The 2013 Meat Week calendar of events includes its first ever Barbecue Food Truck Face-Off, hosted by Living Social.
Rocklands BBQ, 2418 Wisconsin Ave. NW, will participate in the Meat Week festivities Wednesday starting at 7 p.m.
Rocklands will offer the following specials:
- Mixed Ribs: 2 bones pork ribs, one bone beef rib, 4 bones baby ribs $14.99
- Belly Buster: Brisket, 2 pork ribs, sausage, ¼ chicken, grilled onions, potato roll $12.99.
- Double Meat Sandwiches: Choice of brisket, pulled chicken, chopped pork $7.99.
Sunday 6:30 p.m.
- Urban Bar-B-Que 2007 Chapman Ave. Rockville, MD
Monday 6:30 p.m.
- Hill Country Barbecue Market 410 7th St., NW, Washington, DC
Tuesday 7 p.m. (Reservations Required)
- Epic Smokehouse 1330 South Fern St. Arlington, VA
Wednesday, 7 p.m.
- Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling 2418 Wisconsin Avenue, NW Washington, DC
Thursday 7 p.m.
- Pork Barrel 2312 Mount Vernon Ave. Alexandria, VA (Del Ray)
Friday 7 p.m. (Buy Tickets Online)
- Barbecue Food Truck Face-Off Hosted by Living Social 918 F St. NW Washington, DC
Saturday 1 p.m. (Sold Out)
- Kangaroo Boxing Club - Barbecue Brunch 3410 11th St. NW Washington, DC
Sunday, Feb. 3 Noon
- Mr. P’s Ribs & Fish 514 Rhode Island Ave, NE Washington, DC (in Rhode Island Ave Center parking lot)