Taking the Metro to get around this weekend? Here’s what to expect.
Lucky riders on the Blue, Yellow and Green lines can expect normal weekend schedules.
According to a Metro news release:
- Free shuttle buses will replace Orange Line trains between Vienna and Ballston to allow for signal system integration with the new Silver Line extension.
- Four stations will be closed: Vienna, Dunn Loring, West Falls Church and East Falls Church.
- Orange Line trains will operate normally, at regular weekend intervals, between Ballston and New Carrollton.
- Shuttle bus service between Vienna and Ballston will operate on two routes: Express buses will operate between Vienna and Ballston only; customers should add 25 minutes of additional travel time. Local buses will run between Vienna and Ballston serving all intermediate stops; customers should add up to 50 minutes of travel time.
- Red Line trains will single track in two work zones: between Friendship Heights and Van Ness to allow for track, fastener and insulator renewal, and between Takoma and Rhode Island Avenue to allow for platform reconstruction and rail joint elimination for a smoother ride.
- Throughout the weekend, trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 24 minutes in each direction.
- On Saturday and Sunday, between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. each day, additional trains will operate between Van Ness and NoMa-Gallaudet, resulting in service about every 12 minutes between those stations.
- Customers traveling through either work zone should allow about 20 minutes of additional travel time.