If you have children that play in Rose Park, or you play in Rose Park, or you frequent the Wednesday Farmers' Market in Rose Park, you may want to comment on the Mayor's plan to renovate the park. You can see the plan and submit your comments online at:
For those of you who could not attend the meeting on Wednesday evening this week, here are some points of reference:
- The white stripe along the right side of the plan is the current footpath.
- The red brick footpath is entirely new and cuts into both current play areas.
- The basketball court get shifted toward the current driveway. The tennis court stairs also shift.
- There is new paving around the recreation building on the hill, and an ADA cut up to the hill. No other work is planned for the hill.
- The hexagon between the number 14 and the blue/white boats is the current hexagonal bench around the tree next to the playground. That playground is enlarged by taking over space up to and including part of the (former) space of the basketball court as well as the brick footpath adjoining the ball field.
- The tot lot loses a lot of space and most of its play equipment in large part for a sidewalk. The big green dot under the number 16 is the large elm tree that currently resides in the tot lot.
- For those of you who care, with this plan the Farmers Market will lose its space as well as access to the ball field.
For those of you who have contributed to the Friends of Rose Park, we appreciate your support! This proposal is not funded by the Friends of Rose Park.
If you would like copies of the Friends of Rose Park or other parents' submissions, please email me.