The G2 bus will provide a direct route to Georgetown University once again by late December.
During the O and P Street construction project, the route's terminus was at Dumbarton Street and Wisconsin Avenue, NW.
"The G2 will be returning to its old route by the end of December. It will run the same route it did before the O&P project began," wrote Caroline Lukas, a Metro spokeswoman, in an email to Patch.
The following stops will be restored when the full G2 route returns:
- Westbound - P St NW at 33rd St NW, Nearside
- Westbound - P St NW at 34th St NW, Nearside
- Westbound - P St NW at 35th St NW, Nearside
- Southbound - 37th St NW at O St NW, Midblock
- Eastbound - Prospect St NW at 35th St NW, Nearside
- Northbound - 35th St NW at N St NW, Nearside
- Eastbound - O St NW at 34th St NW, Nearside
- Eastbound - O St NW at 33rd St NW Nearside
The shortened route went into effect in February of this year. The buses require a 12-foot-wide lane and had on occasion become stuck in the cramped roads between construction equipment parked on one side of the street and SUVs parked on the opposite side.
Officials cut a ribbon Tuesday to mark the official end of construction on the 18-month O and P Street project, which improved and rehabilitated the two streets in the West Village.