Georgetown's Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) will consider two projects on current or former federal property and a permit application for the Wisconsin Avenue building that collapsed on Thanksgiving Day at public meeting Monday.
The ANC2E meets at Georgetown Visitation School (1524 35th St. NW) at 6:30 p.m.
West Heating Plant (29th and K Streets)
The sale of this federal property is and the ANC wants to begin organizing the community's opinions and wishlists for the land once it is sold. It was sell as-is and is . At a previous ANC meeting, neighbors were interested in having a portion of the lot .
Old Post Office (1215 31st St. NW)
This ever-changing EastBanc, Inc. project has changed in use (from residential to commercial and now somewhere in between) and size since it first . Innumerable design iterations later, the project is going before the Board of Zoning Adjustment for a variance to allow the renovation and expansion of an existing building for a retail, commercial and office use.
This structure, better known as , is coming before the ANC with concept plans for the reconstruction of the collapsed building and a rooftop addition. The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) on the property in January because of illegal construction and later . Patch published a in January on the and the property owner's in Georgetown. The over the property in January.
The full agenda includes a few additional items of interest noted below in bold.
•MedStar/GU Hospital certificate of need for a proton therapy capability at the Lombardi Cancer Center
•GSA sale of West Heating Plant at 29th and K Streets, NW
•Rush hour signage needed for M Street NW, between Wisconsin Avenue and Thomas Jefferson Streets, NW
•1078 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Paul Bakery, Public Space Permit
•1215 31st Street, NW, BZA Application No. 18382, Georgetown Post Office, Application for use variance to permit the renovation and expansion of an existing conforming structure devoted to non-conforming use and area variances from minimum percentage of lot occupancy, rear yard, and side yard requirements (Hearing date July 24, 2012)
•1906 35th Street, NW, BZA Application No. 18407, Application for special exception to allow construction of a 2-story addition to a single family semi-detached dwelling not meeting the lot occupancy requirements (Hearing date July 10, 2012)
•3236 Prospect Street, NW, ABRA-087240, t/a M Café, Voluntary Agreement
Old Georgetown Board
SMD 03, 3219 O Street, NW, DC Department of General Services DC Public Schools, Hyde School, Outdoor mechanical equipment and chain link fence enclosure – in progress, Permit
1. SMD 01, 3407 R Street, NW, OG 12-288 (HPA 12-476) Residence, Alterations to two-story rear addition, Concept
2. SMD 01, 3409 R Street, NW, OG 12-255 (HPA 12-411) Residence, Raze metal garage, new metal garage structure, Permit
3. SMD 01, 3419 R Street, NW, OG 12-286 (HPA 12-474) Residence, 1-story accessory building, Permit
4. SMD 02, 3240 Q Street, NW, OG 12-179 (HPA 12-290) Residence, 2-story rear addition with basement and alterations, Concept - revised design
5. SMD 03, 3327 N Street, NW, OG 12-264 (HPA 12-439) Residence, Replacement roof, Permit – options
6. SMD 03, 1424 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 12-292 (HPA 12-480) Commercial, Reconstruction of collapsed building, rooftop addition, Concept
7. SMD 05, 3222 M Street, NW, OG 12-295 (HPA 12-483) Georgetown Park, Alterations to storefronts, new cooling tower, new windows, Permit - revised design
8. SMD 05, 3222 M Street, NW, OG 12-294 (HPA 12-482) Georgetown Park, Sign scheme: canopy and banners, Concept - revised design
9. SMD 05, 3300 M Street, NW, OG 12-272 (HPA 12-460) Commercial, Alterations to door and sign scheme for “Intermix,” Permit
10. SMD 05, 3240 Grace Street, NW, OG 12-280 (HPA 12-468) Residential, New 4-story building, Concept – revised design
11. SMD 05, 1000 Potomac Street, NW, OG 12-275 (HPA 12-463) Office building, Replacement windows and waterproofing work – in progress (with permit / no OGB review), Permit
12. SMD 05, 1000 Potomac Street, NW (also known as 1015 33rd Street, NW), OG 12-276 (HPA 12-464) Residential building, Replacement doors, storefronts, windows, balconies and waterproofing work – in progress, Permit
13. SMD 05, 1208 Wisconsin Avenue, NW OG12-279 (HPA12-467) Abercrombie & Fitch, Alterations to storefront with aluminum louvers, sign scheme for “Abercrombie & Fitch,” Permit
14. SMD 05, 1220 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 12-230 (HPA 12-385) Commercial, Alterations to storefront and sign scheme for “Massino Dutti”, temporary construction sign, Permit – revised design
15. SMD 06, 2913 P Street, NW, OG 12-281 (HPA 12-469) Residence, 1-story rear addition, mechanical equipment, Permit
16. SMD 06, 3014 P Street, NW, OG 12-299 (HPA 12-487) Residence, Roof addition over rear deck, Permit
17. SMD 06, 1265 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 12-278 (HPA 12-466) Commercial, Back-lit sign for “John Fluevog Shoes,” Permit
18. SMD 07, 1600 28th Street, NW, OG 12-217 (HPA 12-357) Residential, Fence, retaining wall, planter and paving on public space, Permit
19. SMD 07, 1632 32nd Street, NW, OG 12-297 (HPA 12-485) Residence, Addition of shed, Permit / concept
20. SMD 07, 3008-3044 R Street, NW, OG 12-271 (HPA 12-459) Montrose Walk condominiums, Partial demolition and reconstruction of front wall, Permit
21. SMD 07, 3252 S Street, NW, OG 12-293 (HPA 12-481) Residence, Garden wall and gates on front yard, Concept
22. SMD 07, 1673 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, OG 12-257 (HPA 12-414) Commercial, Sign scheme for “Meridian Health & Relaxation” – existing, Permit