Three pools will host the annual Doggie Day Swim in DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) pools next week.
The event will take place at Sept. 7 from noon to 4 p.m. and is sponsored by DPR the Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Humane Society (WHS),
Three pools have the honor of hosting a day of doggie paddling:
- Francis Pool, 25th and N streets, NW
- Upshur Pool 4300 Arkansas Ave., NW
- Randall Pool South Capitol and I streets, SW
There are a few rules for both owners and pups to make sure everyone has a good time:
- All dogs MUST have and wear a valid DC dog license.
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Dog handlers cannot swim or enter the pool with their dogs.
- Dogs must be sociable and remain leashed while on the pool deck.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations including rabies and distemper.