Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer in Georgetown and government offices and agencies will be closed throughout the District for the holiday Monday.
Here are a few helpful reminders for the long weekend:
- As summer winds down, so does the pool season. Francis Pool (2500 N St., NW), (3265 S St., NW), and (1555 34th St., NW) will operate under normal weekday and weekend hours through Labor Day weekend. All three close Sept. 3.
- D.C. Public Schools are closed Monday as are .
- Though the Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) generally meets the Monday before the first Thursday or the month, the ANC will meet Tuesday, Sept. 4 because of the holiday. Meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at .
- The D.C. Department of Public Works will observe the Labor Day holiday and issued the following statement regarding next week's trash pick-up and parking enforcment:
The DC Department of Public Works will observe Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 3, and most services will be suspended. However, the Nationals will play home games at Nationals Park beginning Aug. 31, 2012 through Sept. 9, 2012, and parking regulations in that neighborhood will be enforced daily, including September 3. Vehicles violating these restrictions will be ticketed and towed. Other parking regulations, including expired meters, residential parking and street sweeping, will be suspended for the holiday.
Sanitation services will be suspended for the holiday and will resume Sept. 4.
- In once-a-week trash and recycling collection neighborhoods collections will “slide” to the next day, so Monday’s collections will be made Tuesday, Tuesday’s collections will be made Wednesday and so on.
- In twice-a-week collection neighborhoods, Monday/Thursday collections will be made Tuesday and Friday and Tuesday/Friday collections will be made Wednesday and Saturday.
Street sweeping will be suspended Sept. 3 so motorists will not need to move their cars that day.