Dumbarton United Methodist Church
Dumbarton United Methodist Church, currently led by Rev. Mary Kay Totty, was originally founded in 1772. It moved to its current site in 1850. The Romanesque design features purple front doors topped by round stained-glass windows, and two small gardens frame the stairs at the church entrance.
Dumbarton was the first Methodist church in Washington, DC, to commit to conducting ceremonies for same-sex couples after a law was passed allowing such marriages in March 2010.
- Hours: Worship services: Sun, 11am (10am, summer). Office: Mon - Fri, 9am - 2pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp from the street and a button to automatically open the large church doors.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 2010
- Parking: On-street: free
- Denomination: Methodist
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No