Fillmore Arts Center West
The Fillmore Arts Center West, housed at Hardy Middle School, provides music and arts education to children from five elementary schools near the Georgetown community. Founded in 1974, Fillmore serves Hyde, Key, Stoddert, Ross and Hurst elementary schools. The schools pool their arts resources to provide a more robust arts education to their students. Children come to Fillmore once a week for a half day of classes, including music, arts, drama, dance, visual arts, creative writing and media arts.
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:30am-11:30am, 12:30pm-2:30pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Sep 01 1974
- Number of students: 1500
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15-1
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Fillmore hosts winter and spring concerts as well as festivals throughout the year that are open to the public.
- What makes this community special?: The school is also supported by the Friends of Fillmore Arts Center, which hosts fundraising events supported by parents and the community alike.