Grace Episcopal Church
Grace Episcopal Church sits on a hilltop near the C&O Canal, shielded by its wrought-iron fence and shady trees from the heavy traffic of nearby Wisconsin and M Streets. The pastor of Grace Church, Reverend John Graham, has served the Georgetown community for six years. His Church is known for its work among the homeless of Georgetown -- offering food and other assistance to "people in the margins," according to Rev. Graham. Grace Church is also known for its weekend Jazz concerts during the summer.
- Hours: Labor Day-Memorial Day: Sun, 9:30am, 10:30am; Sunday School 10:30am; June-August: Sun, 8:30am, 10am, 5pm; Sunday School 10am; Wed, 12:15pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Door on the left side of the main church entrance.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1857
- What makes this community special?: Reverend Graham says his church has an informal feel; it is "funky" and at home in Georgetown.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Denomination: Episcopal
- Congregation size: 250
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups
- Recreational facilities: No