Holy Trinity School
Holy Trinity School (HTS) is a Catholic elementary school for children in pre-kindergarten through 8th grade. The school was first started as a boys school run through neighboring Holy Trinity Church. In 1918 the current building opened to boys and girls alike. Founded in 181, HTS is the oldest elementary school in the District.
The school has two buildings on 36th Street, just blocks from Georgetown University. The Jesuit school requires an application and entrance exam. Students come from the surrounding community as well as from the D.C. metro area.
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:05am-3pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Sep 01 1818
- Number of students: 333
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Associations of College and Secondary Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 7 to 1
- Number of faculty: 37 instructional staff, 12 support staff
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Prek-8
- Special education: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Basketball, Track, Softball, Baseball