Potomac Boat Club
The Potomac Boat Club on the Georgetown waterfront is home to enthusiasts who row for pleasure and in competition. Members span a range of ages and row along the Potomac River often in the early morning hours before heading to work. The club provides electric lights to guide rowers in the early morning or late-night hours. Membership applications are required and the wait list can be as long as two or three years; part-time members are not an option.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jul 01 2010
- What makes this community special?: Our location in Georgetown provides great access to the Potomac River, with miles of protected water in either direction. Our visibility on the river encourages many Georgetown-area rowing and river enthusiasts to apply for membership.
- Payments accepted: Paypal, Personal Check
- Membership info: Prospective members are required to submit a membership application that can be found on the website. Applicants provide information on their rowing experience and two personal references.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: No