Are you ready to head out after Hurricane Sandy and go out for a Halloween dinner or take your children trick-or-treating in Georgetown?
How to Get There:
If you are not a Georgetown resident or an employee of a local business, the best way to get to the neighborhood for Halloween festivities is public transportation, advises the District Department of Transportation.
"Please note, although there are no plans at this time to close major roads including M Street and Wisconsin Avenue, participants are strongly encouraged to take public transportation to avoid delays," explained DDOT in a press release.
Where to Park:
You can park in two Parking Management, Inc. parking garages on M Street in Georgetown for an all-day rate of $5. The garages are located at 3307 and 3333 M Street, NW. Click here for a map of garage locations.
Where not to Park:
Parking will be not be allowed on the following Georgetown streets between 4 p.m. today and 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 1, according to the District of Columbia Department of Transportation.
- K St., NW from 30th St. to Wisconsin Ave., NW
- Water St., NW from 33rd St. west to the Capital Cresent Trail
- 1000-1300 blocks of Wisconsin Ave., NW
- M St., NW from 25th St. to the Key Bridge
- 1100 block of 26th St., NW
-1000 block of Thomas Jefferson St. (from the canal north to M Street)
Residents and employees will be granted access of the restricted streets, upon proof of residency or employment. The following streets will be closed to through traffic from 6:30 p.m. today until 4 a.m. Thursday, Nov.1:
- 1000 block of Grace Street NW
- 1000 block of Thomas Jefferson Street NW
- 1000-1500 blocks of 29th Street NW
- 1000 -1500 blocks of 30th Street NW
- 1200-1300 blocks of Potomac Street NW
- 1200-1500 blocks of 27th Street NW
- 1200-1500 blocks of 28th Street NW
- 1200-1600 blocks of 33rd Street NW
- 1200-1700 blocks of 34th Street NW
- 1500 32nd Street NW
- 1600-1700 blocks of 35th Street NW
- 2600-3100 blocks of Dumbarton Street NW
- 2600-3100 blocks of P Street NW
- 2600-3600 blocks of O Street NW
- 2700-3600 blocks of N Street NW
- 2700 block of Poplar Lane NW
- 2700-2900 blocks of Olive Street NW
- 3100 Block of Blues Alley
- 3100 Block of Oak Alley NW
- 3100 Block of South Street NW
- 3200-3400 Q Street NW
- 3200 Block of Cecil Place NW
- 3200-3600 blocks of Prospect Street NW
- 3300-3400 blocks of Dent Place NW
- 3300 blocks of Cady’s Alley NW
- 900 Block 30th Street NW